|Average Weight (approx)||
Delivery & Collections
|ORDERS OVER £100||ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY||FREE|
|ORDERS UNDER £100||ROYAL MAIL 1ST CLASS SIGNED FOR||£5|
|ORDERS UNDER £50||ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY||£7.50|
|INTERNATIONAL ORDERS||PLEASE CHECK WITH US BEFORE ORDERING.|
Free In-Store Collection
We will send you an email to confirm that your item is ready to be collected from our Southend High Street store. Please await this email and then bring your order confirmation receipt with you in order to collect the item at your convenience. There is no charge for in-store collections.
Deliveries – We Ship Worldwide
We use a trackable delivery service for all parcels and a signature is required on delivery. You will receive a shipping confirmation email after purchase which will also provide you with your tracking number so that you know your order is on its way.
Delivery within the United Kingdom
We use Royal Mail which is a fully insured service to your door. Orders under £50 are sent via Royal Mail 1st class Signed For Delivery and you should expect to receive your item within 1-3 days from day of despatch. If you need your order faster you can also upgrade your shipping option to Special Delivery and this is a guaranteed next working day service. Orders over £50 are sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery which is next working day delivery from day of despatch.
Delivery Outside of the United Kingdom (Worldwide)
We use Royal Mail “International Signed For” which is a fully insured to your door service. International shipping expected delivery times are 5-10 working days. Please contact us before ordering for a shipping price to your country.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) About Delivery
1) What Happens If I Miss My Parcel (within the UK)?
If you are not at home when the Royal Mail postman arrives to deliver your jewellery parcel, you have three options..
- If you want your item quickly, the best way to get it is by going to the Royal Mail Delivery Office. You’ll find the Delivery Office address on the card which the Royal Mail postman left you. Make sure you take the card and personal identification (such as a driving license) with you.
- You can arrange a re-delivery via the Royal Mail website. The easiest way to access the website is by clicking on the tracking number in the delivery confirmation email we sent you. Royal Mail will re-deliver free of charge to your home or to an alternative local address but bear in mind that a re-delivery takes up to 48 hours from the time you request it.
- You can call the telephone number on the back of the Royal Mail “missed delivery” card to arrange a free re-delivery to your home or an alternative local address. Note that a re-delivery will take up to 48 hours from the time you request it.
2) What Happens If I Missed My Delivery (outside of the UK)?
As we send parcels via Royal Mail, when the parcel arrives at the country of destination it is passed over to the National Postal Service of the receiving country. The scheduling of a redelivery will be based on the terms of the postal service used, information on how to arrange a redelivery should be located within the carrier’s website.
3) Is The Jewellery Sent In Plain Packaging?
The outer wrapping is a silver postage bag which is plain. We are obliged to include a returns address on the parcel but we write ‘SDGJ Ltd’ instead of ‘Southend Discount Gold Ltd’ to hide the fact that jewellery is inside the parcel. The jewellery item inside the parcel is packaged in an appropriate sized gift box and also a padded envelope, again to conceal its contents.
4) How Do I Track My Order?
As soon as we dispatch your order, you will receive a confirmation email with a delivery tracking number. You can use this tracking number on the Royal Mail website.
5) Is My Order Insured While It Is Being Delivered?
We insure your jewellery from the time it is dispatched, until the moment somebody signs for it at the delivery address. Once you or somebody else at your address has signed for the parcel, it then becomes your responsibility. From this point onwards it will no longer be covered by our insurance.
6) How Long Does It Take For You to Despatch Jewellery?
If an item is in stock within our High Street store, then we aim to dispatch the same day and we would post the item for next working day delivery. Please allow a little longer if you require any modifications to the item such as engraving or ring sizing in which case we will keep you well informed of the specific time scale in relation to your item. If an item is out of stock, we will endeavour to obtain the item within one working day into our store, and then despatch it to you that same day for next day delivery. If there are any further delays from our side, we will get in touch with you as quickly as possible to discuss expected delivery timescale.